HypnoBirthing provides parents vital information on pregnancy and birth, and teaches the mother how to work with her body and mind, helping her to relax so that the experience can be easier, safer and empowering.
Women are designed to give birth naturally, and HypnoBirthing gives you the tools so that you can birth your baby into the world calmly in any situation and sometimes even painlessly.
Importantly it helps you to stay in control of your birth and be aware of the choices you have in regards to your labour and birth. Hypnobirthing is so much more than self hypnosis, it helps you to feel positive, confident and stay relaxed during labour and birth, rather than have a terrible ordeal as some may describe to you!
HypnoBirthing is a complete Antenatal course, so when looking at which course to choose, choose the only Antenatal programme that can make a difference to your birth.
Methods to release any fears of birth or negative emotions, build your confidence and feel positive.
How the mind and body work harmoniously together and how they influence labour and birth.
Tools to prepare both emotionally and physically for the birth and parenthood.
Self Hypnosis methods, visualisation and breathing techniques to ease you into relaxation.
How to avoid unnecessary chemical induction, the importance, and methods to naturally induce.
How a mother can birth comfortably using her body’s abilities and helpful positions.
How the father can be of great support to you and be your advocate.
Comforting massage and stroking techniques.
How to communicate confidently with medical professionals.
How the mind and body work together efficiently and why this is important during labour.
Birth physiology, the process of birth, and the drugs and interventions you may come across.
Information on how the systems work and how you can work with it to achieve the best outcome for you and your baby.
Importantly, how to stay feeling in control and calm during any situation that may occur.
This is a brief overview of what you will learn. Whereas some other Antenatal courses focus on pain relief and the interventions available, Hypnobirthing focuses on teaching you how to work towards to the best possible birth for you and your baby and make informed choices throughout.
Confidence When you feel confident, you relax and work with your body in the way nature intended.
Control With the knowledge you have, you are enabled to take control of how you give birth.
Choice When you feel in control, the choices they make are the best choices for you are for your baby.
Calm When you feel calm throughout the birth you are relaxed and your mind and body work together in harmony.
Comfort The result is that your body works efficiently and comfortably.
A KG Hypnobirthing birth can be the most wonderful and empowering experience of your life.
- Within the programme mothers will learn methods to induce themselves into deep relaxation using simple methods to help stimulate the hormones oxytocin and endorphins, (the body’s natural anaesthetic and 200x more powerful than morphine!) and so can relieve the un-necessary pain during labour and birth.
- Prepares mother for labour and giving birth both mentally and physically.
- By releasing fears, and replacing the negative programming of labour (that we’ve all had instilled in us from an early age!) and replacing them with a calm emotions, mothers can feel more confident , in control and relaxed throughout labour and birth.
- Labour can often be shorter and more comfortable.
- Helps mothers remain calm even if the birth does not go to plan.
- Mothers can give birth and remember it as a calm and beautiful experience.
It is natural to feel anxious about birth, especially if you’re a first time parent or your last birth wasn’t how you had hoped.. But here you will learn how to replace those feelings with calmness, confidence and ready to take control.
- It gives Dad a key role during pregnancy and labour instead of feeling helpless.
- Gives him a greater understanding of the process of pregnancy, labour and birth.
- Gives him the tools needed to help his partner have a calm and empowering birth.
- He can act confidently as an advocate for his labouring partner, taking any stress away from her, allowing her to let go and focus on the birth.
Dads or birthing partners can often feel left out or powerless during pregnancy and birth, but by the end of the classes they leave feeling more confident and a true part of the experience.
- The use of interventions are reduced when HypnoBirthing is practised leading to less trauma.
- Babies tend to feed better and sleep better when less trauma is experienced coming into the world.
- Importantly a calm and drug free birth leaves baby alert and calm.
- Gives baby a beautiful start to life.
70% of Hypnobirths are Unmedicated
No he doesn’t, but he shall be pleased if he did. Usually the fathers are the most sceptical of Hypnobirthing. They may not be sure at first and this is fine, they have no idea what to expect, but once they have listened to the facts and what the course provides, they tend to leave looking forward to the next session!
A father in a birthing room may be thought of as nervous, not sure what to do, wants to help but no idea how. But fathers that complete Hypnobirthing are knowledgeable, confident and are able to be of great support to a labouring mother in so many ways, bringing him closer to the mother and deepening the bond as a family.
Yes of course. We have had women before come alone. We understand that you may be a single mum, or your partner can’t make it due to work or maybe you have another child to look after. Whatever the reason Hypnobirthing can still work for you.
- A full 10 hour Antenatal Course split into 4 x 2.5 hour sessions or 2 intensive days.
- The Official Hypnobirthing book.
- Colour and Calmness Relaxation CD or is available as an MP3.
- A course pack filled with handouts to use as a guide
- Phone or email support for any questions or worries you may have until after your baby is born.
Of course! You will always be aware and in control and able to bring yourself out of deep relaxation at any time. When you practise self hypnosis you enter a state of deep relaxation, and the benefits are you will feel comfortable and relaxed, not anxious or stressed.
By choosing us you will taught with passion the tools you need to birth your baby calmly, and give yourself positive memories to remember. We empower parents-to-be with the knowledge and confidence needed to help your birth be as beautiful as possible.
We are also qualified Hypnotherapist’s so we can help you further release any fears or anxieties around pregnancy, labour and birthing. But the service doesn’t just stop after classes, we are there right to the beginning of your baby’s life for any questions or follow-up appointments you may want or need.
Classes begin anytime from 14 weeks into your pregnancy. Its your personal preference as to when but please ring in advance as bookings can be filled. You also want to give yourselves time to learn at a comfortable pace and feel fully prepared for birth. Once booked I can then provide you with the relaxation CD to listen to in the running up to your class.
A study carried out by the NHS Royal Wolverhampton hospital found that the emergency c-section rate amongst hypnobirthing mums was 4%, vs 15% in non-hypnobirthing mums. In the same study the number of ‘normal’ births (non-instrumental) among hypnobirthing mums was 84% vs. 64% .
General Population 15%
Hypnobirthing mothers 4%
General Population 10%
Hypnobirthing mothers 4%