- Re-assess all your assumptions.
- Find out the facts before making any decisions.
- Cut all negatives out of your life, especially negative birth stories.
- Remember the best environment for giving birth to a baby is the same as the best environment for conceiving a baby.
- Do everything you can to ensure continuity of care.
- Trust your instincts: hers to giver birth and nurture a baby, his to protect her in this process.
- Do work to release fear.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts about birth.
- Practise your breathing and relaxation ready for birth.
- Be kind to yourself and enjoy your resting instincts.
And remember…..baby knows best…..
Katharine Graves – Founder of the Hypnobirthing Centre